Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Quite the comic

There have been a few changes to Wertheim's Comics since we saw it at last year's show (and in September).
Modern dolls' house miniature comic book shop in an art deco building
 Lewis took it to the February Australian Miniature Enthusiasts Association meeting and sold it to Elizabeth, our President.
Front view of a modern dolls' house miniature comic book shop in an art deco building
And she's spent the last couple of months working hard to fill it with stock,
Interior view of a modern dolls' house miniature comic book shop
which is arranged on lust-worthy shelves designed by Lewis and cut by Warren:
Interior view of a modern dolls' house miniature comic book shop, showing the metal shelving brackets
I made Lewis promise to tell me the minute they go into production for sale, and Warren is getting back to me with a price for the diner kit this shop is based on. Not that I have room for another building if I still want to use my dining table!

7 comments :

Mad for Mod said...

I love this! Mr. Incredible on the roof is awesome (my favorite kids movie and super hero movie is The Incredibles)! Elizabeth is a lucky lady.

Mad for Mod said...

I love this! Mr. Incredible on the roof is awesome (my favorite kids movie and super hero movie is The Incredibles)! Elizabeth is a lucky lady.

Pepper said...

I love this building. Elizabeth has done an amazing job filling it. Where on earth did she find those tiny action figures?

AMCSviatko said...

I love The Incredibles too and have friends that say that Edna Mode reminded them of me.

And Pepper: at a wild guess I'd suggest Monopoly pieces...

Pepper said...

Monopoly? Man, I need to visit the toy shops more often
Ta =0)

m1k1 said...

Elizabeth says in her article in the TT (insert cheeky grin here) that she sourced the statues from comic shops on the interwebs (although she didn't say which ones).

AMCSviatko said...

As Editor you'd think I'd read and remember what I placed, wouldn't you?

Also Pepper: you can often buy pieces only on eBay...