Thursday, February 20, 2014

Typo terrariums

Typo terrarium kit, including staue of liberty, tree, grass, figures, park bench and car
(Image shamelessly lifted from the Typo website)
I noticed three terrarium kits lurking in the Typo online new releases earlier in the week, which I found particularly interesting in the light of the discovery that Eckersley's is selling such things as well. Are we about to see a surge of miniatures as art in the mainstream consciousness?

Even with the 30% sale which was announced today, I won't be racing to buy any yet. I'll just wait for them to turn up in the outlet store...

(Further reading:
Christopher Boffoli
Isaac Corbell
Slinkachu
Let me know if I've missed anyone...)

2 comments :

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

We can only hope mainstream consciousness becomes aware of the benefits of miniaturing (my word) on the human psyche!

Envelope arrived midst excitement! I love small parcels :) what a neat little kit! Thank you so much for the opportunity to enter your give away. I hope I can make a worthy job of finishing this. I want to try for the modern laptop look......

Kathy S. said...

The Bella Box arrived safely!! Thanks so much! I opened it with my daughter - as soon as she saw a box with fancy wrapping paper, she wanted to open it. There was so much inside. I love the purple rug and pouf and those pink cocktail stick things. We started putting a scene together, but got distracted, so we will finish up this weekend and send you some pictures. Thanks again!