Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Creative Space: 12 August 2009

At class again which seems to be the only time I actually create anything at the moment* (although I never think of photographs as particularly creative...)

Assessment for this project is Monday. I'm working on a performance piece depicting monotony, part of which is a slide show of images of things I interact with on a daily basis that are circular.

For instance:
We decided they needed to be cropped tighter. Guess what I'll be doing the next couple of evenings?

(*Blame the fact that today is my 11th day working in a row)

6 comments :

Ampersand Duck said...

Yeah, circles seem to come alive when they're sitting in squares. Noice photos.

http://woollywotnots.wordpress.com said...

Very interesting and super photos. I'd love to attend an art class.

Kirsty said...

I'm quite taken with the circle at the moment.

kellie said...

I love circles. Fascinating project.

Lucy Bowler said...

I thought monotonous circles could be represented by the dinner plates that need to be filled every day - by food I enjoy, but food my son needs covered in tomato sauce (I do just sit back and think at least it's homemade and so full of lycopene) and my daughter flatly rejects!

AMCSviatko said...

Lucy: I took photos of some plates, both with food and without. My teacher suggested food was too interesting and would cause the viewer to not appreciate what my message was supposed to be. Alas, yesterday when I was trying to fill up my camera with more circles (including the clock every hour) we had a farewell morning tea for a colleague followed by lunch. It's the supreme irony that I'm trying to use my (very interesting) life to convey monotony...