Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In which The Shopping Sherpa writes about shopping (again)

Yesterday morning I attended the media launch of the new Craft ACT Shop, which is due to open at 4pm Saturday 23rd May*. I got to have a nosey round all the lovely things for saleincluding Olivia's fabulous pears (and pods)and this tiny wheelie bin necklace which appealed to my sense of things out of scale and place. I forgot to check if it clips closed: perhaps if it does you could keep photos of ex-boyfriends and monster bosses in it in a manner similar to how you keep photos of loved ones in lockets?Here furniture designer/ maker Craig Harris explains to Meredith how he uses felled street trees to create his stools. (*The Canberra community is invited to join the celebration of local talent, with exquisite objects available sourced directly from the studios of local makers and enjoy local wines provided by Ross Di Barolo Vineyard Estate. The Craft ACT Shop is open to the public Tuesday to Friday 10am - 5pm and Saturday 12 noon - 4pm. Craft ACT is located at Level 1, North Building, Civic Square)

1 comment :

Michelle said...

I'm hoping to get there, but I have a craft group gathering at the same, and a roast dinner for the husband's 40th that night. Reckon I could be in 3 places at once?