Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A cheesy tail on Tuesday

I was supposed to be starting my new contract this afternoon. But I'd forgotten about the ponderously glacial pace Government Departments move at when arranging contracts and so my actual start date is possibly up to a week away. Not good news for my bank account but good news for the fact I have time to catch up on a few more things that I didn't expect to get to until next month. I even managed to find the time to go op shopping!

Even more importantly I pulled out the beginnings of the possum costume pattern I put together last month and had a play with it before creating a more official toile to test a few things out.Which Sarah delighted in trying on this evening when she arrived with the start of the tail she'd made for it.
We decided the tail looked a lot like a creature from Jim Henson's Labyrinth so had to add eyes, nose and cut a tongue before we did anything else!Then we started seeing how the fur we bought would drapebefore retiring downstairs to bowls of Oven Baked Pumpkin and Baby Spinach Risotto featuring the last of the Perfect Italiano parmesan block I had in the fridge, grated and stirred through and sprinkled with some of the shaved parmesan they sent me to try*.Sarah took the whole product endorsement thing a little too literally, I think...(*If I say I don't really see the point of buying it pre bagged as it's almost as quick to shave from the block using a vegetable peeler do you think they'll send someone round to take away the rest of my free cheese?)

No comments :