Sunday, January 18, 2009

Seven Things Spring/ Summer 2008 Weeks 19 & 20

In:

* 1 AU marie claire magazine (subscription)
*1 scoop for doling out the baking soda from the container when cleaning: I figured it would save baking soda compared to just shaking it direct from the container (op shop)
* 1 black and white tea towel. (New. At the mall. It was an accident, promise! And at 30% off not too bad an accident all things considered. Not like other mall-related accidents in my recent past...)
* 1 DVD player. Yes, I finally joined the 21st century completely and utterly. No more watching DVDs hunched over my laptop in my office. 1 coffee plunger (gifts)
*1 jam pot, 1 CD rack/ mini apartment, 4 CDs, 1 set wine charms (op shop)
* 1 Real Simple mag (newsagents)

* 1 roll of fabric, plus 1 fat quarter to wrap it in (gifts)
* 2 tea towels (Can you believe it? I went back to the mall and got sucked in for the second time in a week! And full price too!!)
* 11 balls of mohair, 1 book, 1 CD, 2 shirts (op shopping trip)
* 1 badge (souvenir from Bendigo Art Gallery)
* 1 jam pot (yes, another one!), 1 knitting book, 8 pairs knitting needles, 2 pairs pillowcases (can never resist thick white cotton pillowcases when I see then, especially when they're 50 cents each...), 1 CD (Road Trip frenzy)
* 8 packets of wool* (Bendigo Woollen Mills)
* 1 book, 1 yo yo (gifts)

* 1 US vogue, 1 Madison magazine (subscription)
* 2 books (A "Today's shit" op shop visit)

Total In this fortnight: 60 *gulp*

Out:

* 4 magazines, 6 books and 1 cocktail recipe book which I inherited with this flat. Have I made a single cocktail since I moved in ten years ago? Of course not! (Lifeline Bookfair)

* 1 special order custom size Groovy Green bag which I made and the orderer never paid for or picked up and has been sitting in my kitchen for months: bin
* 1 Open Road magazine: recycling bin

* 8 fridge magnets, 2 Christmas decorations, 1 bag, 5 items children's dolls house furniture, 1 jacket, 1 pair shoes, 11 items from the present cupboard that have been there for over two years so obviously are not right for the people I give presents to, 4 tops, 2 "sombrero" cardigans (A "sombrero" purchase is a souvenir you buy while travelling overseas convinced it's perfect for you but when you get it home you wonder what on earth you were thinking and never use it. One of these cardigans was bought in Tallin, Estonia and the other in Wellington, New Zealand. I can't believe I've held on to them for so long but I think I might have had delusions that I could felt them and turn them into something else), 7 videos, 2 bracelets, 2 brooches, 1 necklace, 1 ring, 2 pairs earrings, 1 packet coloured post it notes I was given and will never use, 2 pairs sunglasses, 2 sunglasses cases, 1 scarf, 2 pairs black & white braces and 1 tie: op shop

Total Out this fortnight: 72

Shake-it-all-about:

* Nothing


Net items out so far during Seven Things Spring/ Summer 2008: 147


(*Yes, I may be cheating on the counting. The other numbers I could have used here are 3.38 kilos of wool or 72 balls of wool. And I use "wool" in the loosest form as there's mohair and angora in there too...)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Ha, I love the "sombrero" purchases. Almost everything I bought in the US was a sombrero purchase. To this day I wonder how I managed to spend $1000 and end up with nothing.