Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fiscal Fast Day Twenty Five: Feeling well looked after

So I took the muffins in to work yesterday. They didn't last long at all (double batch next time, I think!) And the Karma Bank paid out big time: Unexpected mid-week Lunch Club provided by Helen who got all inspired by her new steamer the night before. She brought in enough food to feed five of us round the kitchen table at noon plus two or three late stragglers as spaces became available. Lovely steamed vegetables. Two sorts of dahl and a madras sauce plus chicken for the meat eaters.

Back in my cubicle I just might have happened mentioned that it was all too healthy and I had the need to eat chocolate and chips to round it off and this vision appeared out of my cubicle mate's bag:
No, I didn't get to eat it all but one piece was enough to make me very happy all afternoon:
(I wonder if that's my lucky finding unexpected chocolate during a Fiscal Fast dress?)

And to round a wonderful day off I spent the evening at Taph's watching the first series of
Black Books (which I'd borrowed off Aunty A months ago) and eating Indian takeaway and wine.She gave me a fabulous belated birthday present which I'll show you later when the light is better.

Day Twenty Five:

Breakfast: Tea. Fruit toast with ginger, lemon and lime marmalade. Plain yoghurt.

Morning Tea: Cheese, sundried tomato and parsley scone reheated from the freezer.

Lunch (Lunch Club): Steamed carrot, broccoli, zucchini and kumera. Dahl. Madras sauce. Piece of Toblerone.

Afternoon tea: Iced Vovos from the work biscuit jar

Dinner (out): Wine. Crackers and hummus. Fish curry and rice with garlic naan. Apple pie and soy icecream.

Finished today:
* Fruit bread.

Total spent since June 1: $128.57 (plus $116.84 on a dolls house)

3 comments :

Taphophile said...

Ooh, you did have a good day. But you didn't have soy ice-cream. Yu had the last of the Old Flame's Homer Hudson vanilla. That's why it tasted so good.

AMCSviatko said...

Oh bugger! And here I was thinking I'd been quite unfair in my previous scathing comments about soy ice cream as last night's was very nice...

Cherry ・ チェリー ・ 체리  said...

Yay for Toblerone!