Sunday, January 20, 2008

Do I love you my oh my, lake not deep at all mountain kinda high...

Last night when I was at J & M's they said they were going on a day trip to Thredbo today to get their mileage up. I asked if I could go too and so we set off bright and early this morning to The Snowy Mountains. Which, to Kiwi eyes, weren't really mountains at all.

I'd never been further than Cooma before so was pretty excited. I had some idea what the area was like after watching Somersault and Jindabyne and having seen pictures from the 1997 landslide.

In the middle of a pond in Thredbo I spotted this:So I got some miniatures into my day. And I saw Harry Seidler's Lodge so got some architectural history too...

We stopped for lunch at Jindabyne on the way back and It was confronting to see how low the lake was, especially as M said it was even lower the last time he saw it. And in Cooma I found the most divine ginger icecream and promptly forgot who had made it. Rats!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

so cool, that house by the lake

Nikki Elisabeth said...

What a gorgeous place!