Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday morning shopping and spending

5:30am: Wake up, feeling like it's Christmas morning (in a good way)

8:00 am: Off to the newsagents to pick up my magazines (and the Ben Watt CD which has been sitting there for weeks)9:50am: Waiting patiently outside one of the two op shops in Canberra that are open on Sunday...10:05am: $4 Yoghurt maker spotted and swept into the basket. 10:10 am: $4 copy of The Memory Keeper's Daughter added to the basket.
10:20am: Brunch with Aunty A where I'm a little shocked to realise one meal is going to cost the same as three days' eating last week. I shrug and make sure to appreciate it as I eat it.

11:15am: Pop into Sauvage Urbain and buy a silicone pastry brush to replace the one that I accidentally melted three weeks ago. Feel good that I'm supporting a local retailer rather than going to Target or Kmart to buy it.

11:30am:
Decide I've had enough of this spending malarky and go home to recover.

6 comments :

Taphophile said...

OMG! What a reward - a frugal yoghurt maker your first day out. Karma is in over-drive.

Congratulations.

rooruu said...

How impressive has this last month been? It's been fascinating to read. Well done you!

(Op shops open on Sunday - how civilised!)

Anonymous said...

FYI - in other words can't remember your email -
Young Blood
Part of Sydney Design ‘07
Powerhouse Museum, 500 Harris Street Ultimo
Friday 17th August, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday 18th August, 8:00am – 5:00pm

Young Blood at Christmas
Powerhouse Museum, 500 Harris Street Ultimo
Friday 7th December, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday 8th December, 8:00am – 5:00pm
btw - Swans game is the 11th August

princess B

AMCSviatko said...

Bother and damnation - I didn't think the Design Market was the weekend I was up.

And I'll be o/s for the December ones :-(

Fingers crossed for next year...

Denise said...

Glad you got the yoghurt maker, the Frugal Goddess is watching over you!

twitchy fingers said...

I don't know about the yoghurt maker, but you're going to love the memory keepers daughter! I inhaled it in about 2 days.