Monday, June 11, 2007

Fiscal Fast Day 11 (and my 500th post)

Taph has joined in the fun with a Cook from the Cupboard project. She says she has "a reasonable amount of wine and spirits in the house". I'm trying to work out how I can wangle dinner at her house for the next wee while to help her out with that problem :-)

Today's tally for me included:

Breakfast: Cup of tea. Peanut butter on wholegrain toast.

Morning Tea: Lindor ball. Yuuuuuuuummmmmm....

Lunch: Pasta and bean soup from the freezer. Toasted crumpets, also from the freezer, with pesto.

Afternoon tea: Tarawera Chocolate sponge and cream (oh, it's a tough life...)

Dinner: Fettuccine, toasted breadcrumbs, peas, tuna and Parmesan. Wine.

Finished today:

* Basil pesto. (Yummy but not replaceable.)
* Frozen peas. (In the same boat as the frozen corn from yesterday.)
* Pre-grated Parmesan (not a drama as I still have some in block form)
* Small tins of tuna (errrr...?)

Total spent since June 1: $37.01

And, hey, it's my 500th post!

To celebrate I've decided to give away that delicious hand coloured foldable shopper I made yesterday. Very trendy, you know - I just finished reading an article in US Vogue about how cool reusable shopping bags are at the moment... (and went on to read an article about no knead bread - something I so want to try very very soon)

So if you'd like to get your mitts on a one of a kind hand crafted tres chic TSS shopper, leave a comment on this post. If you feel really motivated you could tell me what your favorite post has been. If not just a comment will suffice - either option has equal rating around here!

I'll draw a winner at the end of the month.

7 comments :

Taphophile said...

500! Crikey you've got a lot to say. ;) Couldn't possibly pick a favourite, though.

Denise said...

Congratulations on your 500th post - no mean feat!

Your photo showing your trés chic home office wear made me laugh, a lot (because of shared experience :)

Anonymous said...

I was so inspired by your fiscal fast that today I (i) ate brekkie at the gym for free and (ii) used my full frequent coffee card to get a free coffee for elevenses, then (iii) went right off the rails because I'd forgotten to bring my lunch to work, so had to spend $$. But I love the sentiment of fiscal frugality, cooking from the cupboard, the seven things project, and wardrobe refashion. I'm on a gig to buy no new clothes, new shoes or new books for six months (only 3 more weeks to go). But it shouldn't be so hard to live more simply. Should it?

celeste said...

so going to try the eating from the cupboard - gotta remember to bring my french press to work to avoid buying lattes (coffee at work is *crap*)
congrats on the 500th post -- i think i'm only on 149...so far to go!

Anonymous said...

Me Me Me!!

Hmm - favourite post - maybe this one - I am a bit inspired to the Seven challenge, and set up a blog to document it.

Started today (undocumented) by giving five pairs of shoes and two japanese tea sets to Hackett Preschool fete (Saturday 10-12 for those not fasting).

Oh - I liked the Eurovision post too.

seepi

Leonie said...

Pick me! Pick me! I don't have a single favourite post, but my favourite posts are the ones where we get to see your op shop hauls. Congrats on your 500 posts-may you have many more!

AMCSviatko said...

Err.... Thanks Leonie for reminding me of op shop hauls. *whimper*

I'm convinced that my local op shops are currently packed with $2 Easi Yo machines, Eames chairs, Naxwell Williams dinner plates and bins and bins of gorgeous wool just because I'm not going there this month *gulp*