Saturday, December 02, 2006

Second Hand Saturday - feeling crafty

I can safely say Taphophile is not the only one having S.E.X.* round here. My (rather pathetic to start with) wool stash has been sadly depleted with my recent knitting frenzy. So I spent a whopping $6.90 to top it up (hat box not included).More S.E.X, fabric this time. Total cost: $9.50.

The third and fourth fabrics from the left are actually both sides of a Sheridan Contempo cotton European pillowcase which will be reborn as something else. And the two fabrics on the far right are just begging to be made into some of Little Bird's soft trees. To give away, of course.

And here's a better view of the fabric on the left, marked Design "Sweden" on the selvage. I suspect this is about to be added to the ever-growing list of Things to make Christmas presents out of. And, finally, I bought a pair of black patent leather shoes (for me) for $4 and an apron (not for me) for $1.50.The shoes (and that red tweedy wool in the first picture) came from an op shop I only just discovered. It's called Retro Rack and is tucked away upstairs in Coleman Court, Weston Creek.

(*Stash Enhancing Exercise)

(Listening to: Luke Hurley, High Risk)

3 comments :

Taphophile said...

Good haul, TSS. Particularly like the pillowcase fabrice. That upstairs op shop at Cooly never has yarn when I go, you must have the knack.

Anonymous said...

i love that swedish fabric, reminds me a bit of marimekko

AMCSviatko said...

Taph - the only had those three balls but at 80 cents each (complete with bands) they had to away with me...

Newgreenshoes: Me too which is why I had to get it. Part of me was tempted to put it up on eBay but I'd prefer to keep it and use it. Someday!