Sunday, September 24, 2006

So that was Sunday...

Yes, I realise it's only just gone 5pm but I've officially declared the day over and plan to cook dinner then crawl onto the sofa with a bucket of Banrock Station and watch either Kermit's Swamp Years or The Muppets Wizard of Oz. Neither of which I've seen yet. Actually maybe I'll go with the first choice and save The Wizard of Oz for Christmas.

Except I don't plan to be home for Christmas this year for a change. I'll be at the Parental Palace in Petone for the first time in.. oh... (checks fingers, kicks of shoes, counts toes) a very long time. Mum, Raven Haired Sister, Dad? Fancy a little light comedy on Christmas Day??

But I digress. Here it is 5pm and I'm still in my gym clothes. I went to Pump at 11am. I still haven't had a shower. My excuse is I spent the afternoon helping V & M (and little E) do their end-of-lease clean. Remind me never ever ever to move flats - I was gobsmacked at the level of cleanliness that was expected (hello?! Clean the sliding door tracks?)

I did achieve something today. Made serious inroads into a little Christmas gifty for a bloggy friend. No pics, sorry. It's a secret.

And made up a delicious 10 minute lunch:

Fettucine with mushrooms and blue brie (serves one, could serve more if you double, triple or quadruple the recipe!*)

60g dried fettucine
4 mushrooms, cut into quarters then cut again to a total of eight wedges
1 16g wedge of Blue Castello
1 Tbspn fresh parsley, chopped
Olive oil spray
Freshly ground black pepper

1. Cook the fettucine according to packet directions.
2. While this is happening, spray a non stick pan with olive oil spray and fry the mushrooms till they look sort of cooked and smell all yummy and mushroomy (you might need an extra burst of olive oil spray along the way)
3. Add the parsely and black pepper to the mushrooms. Stir. Chop the wedge of blue brie into four. Add to the mushroom mixture, turn off the heat and stir until the cheese is melted.
4. Hopefully by this time the pasta has cooked so drain it and arrange it in a bowl. Add the mushroom mixture to the top of it, skip to the table and eat!

(If you happen to be counting points this will set you back a whopping 3 1/2 points)

(* I usually double the recipe so I can add a serving to the freezer for future "I can't be shagged cooking" evenings... )(Listening to: Sophie Ellis Bextor, Read my lips)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

That's quite some organised freezer. Any chance of a tour?

Anonymous said...

Yes,sister librarian, a very organised freezer, what catalogue system worked best for this? ;)