Sunday, August 06, 2006

Busy busy day...

Was that a Saturday that just whizzed past? I think it was as I appear to have landed squarely on Sunday morning....

The day started later than planned as Nibbs had (of course) stopped sneezing on Friday night so the 8am appointment at the vet was cancelled (hurrah! says my wallet). But there was still my 9:30am appointment at the hairdressers so no lazing round in bed reading magazines and drinking tea for me.

Had a noon lunch and blog photo taking tutorial date with Mondo but on the way down south I managed to spend my weekly $20 frugalling budget and fill my basket: From the front:

Braces for Dad: $5

Almost new work shoes (identical to a pair I had that fell apart recently): $6

Jean Greenhowe book on making toys (I used to adore Jean Greenhowe's patterns when I was younger - this is going into an upcoming swap package): $1

Small black wooden shelf which is just perfect for some of my chairs (and yes, the price sticker will be coming off - I just popped the chairs in their quickly so you get the general idea!): $1Frida DVD: $5

White plastic tray and snack plate set (still in original packaging): $3 Lunch at Mondo's was delicious and she took photos of it for practice. Much gossip ensued, the Library world in Canberra was put to rights then we had some fun cropping her trip photos before I was pushed firmly towards the door by her daughter who was getting impatient to ride her bike to the shops with Mum.

Just as well really as I realised that Quantum Leap started at 7pm, not 7:30pm as I had thought and I'd planned to swing past and take some photos of my favorite pear sculpture at the entrance to The National Gallery on the way home.(And one of the haircut too!)Quantum Leap was, as usual, brilliant. I've been attending for more years that I can remember and am blown away every year by the professionalism of the performance by dancers so young (the youngest is 13). Well worth the $22 ticket price, especially as you're supporting the dancers of tomorrow...

(Listening to: Blue Nile: Hats)

3 comments :

twitchy fingers said...

I love that sculpture too - I can see it from my office window. I was thinking of stenciling it on a shirt..

AMCSviatko said...

Hehe - now the options for where you work are whittled down to three. Lucky you to have such a cultural view.

The other sculpture I loved was the one of the giant pinecones opposite Electric Shadows. I hope they're planning to put it back when they finish the new DITR building...

Sara said...

Oh wow! That cute little chair display is wonderful. Just came by to let you know my blog's moved and saw it - fabulous!

My new URL is http://www.thebargainqueen.org/. If you get a chance to update it in your blogroll some time soon, that'd be great.