Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Black/ Gray Wednesday

Black and gray.... What can I say? I feel like all I need to do is poke my camera out my bedroom window and the photographic task will be done. But that's pretty boring, right? So instead here're some much more interesting pics:I took this at the Christchurch Art Gallery in New Zealand and then played with it using Ofoto (now Kodak Gallery)'s options. I think it was the first time I'd used them (way before I discovered I somehow had Photoshop Elements on my laptop) and I was so pleased with the result I have a copy of this framed and an my bedroom wall (see bottom picture here). I have no idea who the person in the photo is but I like the way the angle of her leg mimics the angles of the window struts. This was a snap I took of the floor in the attic of Gaudi's Casa Batllo in Barcelona. What I found particularly interesting was this building was built at the turn of last century and yet the tiles are more what we'd consider 1960s or 70s. I doubt very much the tiles are a later addition as they surely would have ripped them out when renovating the attic for display? No matter, I still love them and think they'd look pretty cool in my (imaginary future) kitchen if I ever change my mind about my other two choices: black and white check lino or terrazo.
Here's another picture I ended up framing - a spot of grafitti I stumbled across in Venice, Italy. I think it's hilarious that even the grafitti in Italy is stylish!
More recently, these are the front steps at Mies Van Der Rohe's Crown Hall at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, USAAnd the view from my wine glass!A gift from a colleague at work who visited CanadaAnd finally a close up of the box I use to keep my burner oils and candles in. Note the multitude of mes!

(Best thing to listen to while looking at these? Black's
Wonderful Life, of course!)

2 comments :

Sask said...

Love your pics. Simply beautiful! And reading the text is a delight... Learn something from you too: check out the size of your image and found out I posted my pic way too small. No wonder they are so grainy.

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks for your flattering comments!

If this helps I always shove my pics through Photoshop Elements and chose the "Save for web" option then size the longest side to 1000. Seems to work...